Anlian Pan, Professor of Physics and Material Sciences
College of Physics and Microelectronics, Hunan University.
Director of the Key lab for Micro-Nano physics and Technologies of Hunan Province.
Office: Nanostructure Center Building
Address: yuelushan, Changsha, 410082, China.
Prof. Pan received his PhD in Condensed Mater Physics from the Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2006. Afterwards, he worked a Humboldt Research Fellow with Profs. Ulrich Goseleand and Margit Zacharias at the Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics. Afterwards in 2008 he joined Arizona State University as a Postdoctoral Fellow, where he became a Research Assistant Professor. In 2010, Dr. Pan came to Hunan University as a Yuelu Scholar, and created the Key Laboratory for Micro-Nano Physics and Technology of Hunan Province. He is currently a Professor of Physics and Material Science in Hunan University, and is the head of the Key for Nanophotonics Materials and Devices. His current research interestslie in controlled growth of low dimensional semiconductor structures, physical properties and device applications of optical and photonicnano structures.
Honor and Awards:
Youth Science and Technology Innovation Leading Talent (中青年科技创新领军人才, 2016)
Distinguished Young Scientist of China (国家杰出青年科学基金，2015)
Hunan Youth Science and Technology Award (湖南省青年科技奖， 2013)
Best scientist award of Hunan University (湖南大学优秀科学家奖，2011)
Top prize of the Natural Science Award of Hunan Province (湖南省自然科学一等奖，2010)
Fu-Rong Scholar of Hunan Province (芙蓉学者, 2010)
Distinguished Young Scientist of Hunan Province (湖南省杰出青年基金，2009)
New Century Excellent Talent in University (教育部新世纪人才，2008)
Humboldt Research Fellow (洪堡学者, 2007)
The Excellent Scholarship of Institute of Physics, CAS (2005)
The Excellent Master Graduate of USTC (2003)
Research Grants and Funding:
Dr. Pan is the PI on quite some proposals. He has received funding from NSF of China, NSF of hunan province, Chinese Minister of Education, and Chinese Minister of Science (973 project). The total value of contracts awarded in which he has either been PI, co-PI or an investigator is $8M for supporting his own research over the past 5 years at Hunan University.
Selected Recent Publications:
1. Xidong Duan, Chen Wang, Anlian Pan, Ruqin Yu, and Xiangfeng Duan, Two-dimensional transition metal dichalcogenides as atomically thin semiconductors: opportunities and challenges, Chem. Soc. Rev., online. (2015)
2. Xiaoxia Wang, Xiujuan Zhuang, Sen Yang, Yu Chen, Qinglin Zhang, Xiaoli Zhu, Hong Zhou, Pengfei Guo, Junwu Liang, Yu Huang, Anlian Pan, and Xiangfeng Duan, High gain sub-micrometer optical amplifier at near-infrared communication band, Phys. Rev. Lett., 115, 027403. (2015)
3. Honglai Li, Qinglin Zhang, Xidong Duan, Xueping Wu, Xiaopeng Fan, Xiaoli Zhu, Xiujuan Zhuang, Wei Hu, Hong Zhou, Anlian Pan, and Xiangfeng Duan, Lateral Growth of Composition Graded Atomic Layer MoS2(1-x)Se2x Nanosheets, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 137, 5284-5287. (2015)
4. Xidong Duan, ChenWang, Jonathan C. Shaw, Rui Cheng, Yu Chen, Honglai Li, Xueping Wu, Ying Tang, Qinling Zhang, Anlian Pan, Jianhui Jiang, Ruqing Yu, Yu Huang and Xiangfeng Duan, Lateral epitaxial growth of two-dimensional layered semiconductor heterojunctions, Nature Nanotech., 9,1024-1030. (2014)
5. Pinyun Ren, Wei Hu, Qinglin Zhang, Xiaoli Zhu, Xiujuan Zhuang, Liang Ma, Xiaopeng Fan, Hong Zhou, Lei Liao, Xiangfeng Duan and Anlian Pan, Band-Selective Infrared Photodetectors with Complete-Composition-Range InAsxP1-x Alloy Nanowires, Adv. Mater., 26, 7444-7449. (2014)
6. Honglai Li, Xidong Duan, Xueping Wu, Xiujuan Zhuang, Hong Zhou, Qinglin Zhang, Xiaoli Zhu, Wei Hu, Xiaoxia Wang, Jinyou Xu, Anlian Pan, and Xiangfeng Duan, Growth of Alloy MoS2xSe2(1-x) Nanosheetswith Fully Tunable Chemical Compositions and Optical Properties, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 136, 3756. (2014)
7. Liang Ma, Wei Hu, Qinglin Zhang, Pinyun Ren, Xiujuan Zhuang, Hong Zhou, Jinyou Xu, Honglai Li, Zhengping Shan, Xiaoxia Wang, Lei Liao, H. Q. Xu, and Anlian Pan, Room-Temperature Near-Infrared Photodetectors Based on Single Heterojunction Nanowires, Nano Lett., 14,694-698. (2014)
8. Pengfei Guo, Wei Hu, Qinglin Zhang, Xiujuang Zhuang, Xiaoli Zhu, Hong Zhou, Zhengping Shan, Jinyou Xu, Anlian Pan, Semiconductor Allo Nanoribbon Lateral Heterostructures for High-performance Photodetectors, Adv. Mater., 26, 2844-2849. (2014)
9. Pengfei Guo, Xiujuan Zhuang, Jinyou Xu, Qinglin Zhang, Wei Hu, Xiaoli Zhu, Xiaoxia Wang, Qiang Wan, Pengbin He, Hong Zhou, and AnlianPan, Low-Threshold Nanowire Laser Based on Composition-Symmetric Semiconductor Nanowires, Nano Lett., 13, 1251-1256. (2013)
10. Xiujuan Zhuang, Cunzheng Ning, and Anlian Pan, Composition and Bandgap-Graded Semiconductor Alloy Nanowires, Adv. Mater. 24, 13-33. (2012) (Invited Review)
11. Jinyou Xu, Xiujuan Zhuang, Pengfei Guo, Qinglin Zhang, Weiqing Huang, Qiang Wan, Wei Hu, Xiaoxia Wang, Xiaoli Zhu, Changzeng Fan,Zongyin Yang, Limin Tong, Xiangfeng Duan, and Anlian Pan Wavelength-Converted/Slective Waveguiding Based on Composition-Graded Semiconductor Nanowires, Nano Lett., 12, 5003-5007. (2012)
12. Jinyou Xu, Liang Ma, Pengfei Guo, Xiujuan Zhuang, Xiaoli Zhu, Wei Hu, Xiangfeng Duan, and Anlian Pan, Room-Temperature Dual-Wavelength Lasing from Single Nanoribbon Lateral Heterostructures, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 134(30), 12394-12397. (2012)
13. Zongyin Yang, Jinyou Xu, Pan Wang, Xiujuan Zhuang, Anlian Pan and Limin Tong, On-Nanowire Spatial Band Gap Design for White Light Emission, Nano Lett. 11, 5085. (2011)
14. Fuxing Gu, Zongyin Yang, Huakang Yu, Jinyou Xu, Pan Wang, Limin Tong and Anlian Pan, Spatial Bandgap Engineering along Single AlloyNanowires, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 133, 2037-2039（2011）
15. Anlian Pan, Hua Yang, Ruibin Liu, Minghua Sun, Cunzheng Ning, Spatial Composition Grading of Guaternary Alloys with Tunable Light Emission between 350 nm and 710 nm on a single substrate, ACS Nano 4, 671-680. (2010)